Study Masters in Information Technology at University of Georgia
Program name: Masters in Information Technology
University name: University of Georgia
Faculty: School of Science and Technology
Program supervisor: Sulkhanishvili Sulkhan –Ph.D, Associate Professor
University address: 77a, M. Kostava Str. Tbilisi 0171, Georgia
Representative email: email@example.com
Masters in Information Technology Program Overview
The Masters in Information Technology program aims at providing students with extensive knowledge and experience for research and development in information technology. The courses in information technology include Computer Systems and Networks (Cisco CCNP Certificates), Web and Network Programming, Database (Oracle Certificate), Mobile Application development, ERP Systems, and Logical and Probability Methods in Information Technologies. Various elective courses give opportunities to the students to deepen communication skills and acquire extensive knowledge and skills related to research-based conclusions to solve the problems in the field of modern information technologies addressing the issues that require extensive knowledge of the principles and processes. Graduates will be able to work in research organizations, banks, insurance companies, private and state organizations as IT Managers, Web, Network, or Database Administrators.
Methods for Attaining Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstration Method;
- Practical work;
- Team work;
- Literature Review;
- The method of working on the book;
- Problem Solving exercises
- Find relevant material in electronic format or library
Knowledge and understanding
- Have extensive and systemic knowledge of the professional field enabling him/her to develop new and different ideas based on gained knowledge;
- Know infrastructure planning, security and administration methods;
- Know the basic theorems and operations of mathematical logic and probability theory;
- Have knowledge of development of mobile applications in program environment and functionality of relevant tools;
- Know the methods of 3-dimensional modeling of objects through laser scanners;
- Know information technology project management cycle;
- Know mathematical methods of computer graphics;
- Know ERP structure and functionality of these systems;
- Know the development of industrial platforms on modern software market;
- Know the Web-platform based programming, project creation and management;
- Make conclusions about network security issues.
- Select optimal structure based on quantitative assessment of complex systems;
- Elaborate a conclusion on the effectiveness of some approach based on the research on ERP systems.
- Deliver their conclusions with appropriative arguments and defend their options with academic, professional societies and representatives of various fields;
- Participate in discussions;
- Manage the team and be an effective member of it;
- Present arguments and conclusions, take into account the achievements of information-communication technologies;
- Plan a large size network infrastructure independently;
- Optimize computer systems and networks;
- Develop products in software environment;
- Use mathematical methods in computer graphics;
- Use 3d modeling methods and point clouds;
- Create and manage information technology project;
- Create and distribute mobile applications;
- Develop an ERP system using appropriate tools;
- Plan and conduct research in the professional field;
- Implement scientific, research or practical project;
Responsibility and autonomy
- Make independent consistent and multilateral assessment and self-assessment of their own learning process;
- Continue the learning process independently through the received knowledge;
- Realize the characteristics of the learning process and plan strategically;
- Develop technological innovations in the professional field and renew their knowledge / skills constantly;
- Determine the need for further study (PhD) level for continuous professional development.
- Evaluate his/her own and others attitudes towards the values related to the particular field of information technology;
- Participate in the process of forming professional values and use obtained knowledge for their professional establishment;
The study process is at 07:00 -09:15 pm, from which the auditory loading time is 120 minutes, break time is 15 minutes. The maximum number of graduate students in groups is determined by 25-30 students. Components of undergraduate and graduate programs are composed of items that are intended for 19 weeks.
The program consists of 120 credits: Program core subjects 90 ECTS, Program elective subjects 30 ECTS; In the main part of the program, the student must write a Master’s thesis (30 ECTS). The total number of given elective subjects is 78 ECTS, where the student should choose 30 ECTS.
|AVAILABLE SPECIALIZATION||THE DEGREE AWARDED||AMOUNT OF ALLOCATED ECTS||DURATION OF STUDY||THE LANGUAGE OF STUDY||ANNUAL INSTALLMENT|
|Information Technology||Master of Informatics||120 ECTS||2 years, 4 semesters||English||$4 000 USD|
Register Now!!! and Begin Your Journey Towards Becoming a Certified Master of Informatics!
Representative email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The documents required to obtain admission:
- Copy of the passport;
- School certificate (Equivalent to A level for Undergraduate Applicants / BA degree Diploma (for MA degree applicants) along with transcript;
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Video Interview (Ask us for details of this interview)
- The student’s E-mail address and contact details