Program name: Dentistry
University name: University of Georgia
Faculty: School of Health Sciences
Program supervisors: Elene Gigineishvili MD, Ph.D. Associate Professor
Mariam Margvelashvili – MD, Ph.D.
University address: 77a, M. Kostava Str. Tbilisi 0171, Georgia
Representative email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dentistry Program Overview
The goal of the Dentistry Program is to coach qualified dentists, whose professional activities will help to increase the level of dental services, prevent oral diseases, and improve overall health. The graduate of this program will have basic knowledge of oral health care medicine (clinical and natural sciences) and deep knowledge of dental specializations. One will also assimilate dental clinical skills considering professional ethical values. Additionally, the graduate will also have skills of learning and teaching, professional growth-development, research and analysis, decision-making, which allows him to logically analyze identified symptoms and see the connection between common pathogenetic process, reasonably set and implement a comprehensive treatment plan, pursue patient’s management, have basic manual skills that ensures both prophylactic and therapeutic activities.
After the course completion, the graduates will have the right to hold the positions according to the Georgian legislation in dental clinics (junior dentist, dental assistant – Order of the Minister of Labour, Health and Social Affairs ? 01-11 / N 2012, March 14), health care organizations and health insurance providing companies (relations with medical and dental institutions, with the focus on the dental services and dental management of insured people, assistant of the family doctor). Also, prepare the student for specialization (residency programs) and the next levels of learning (Master and Doctoral programs). Also, hold the positions according to the legislation of various countries.
Methods for Attaining Learning Outcomes:
- Interactive lectures, seminars.·
- Visual lectures.·
- Stating and solving the problems.·
- Verbal, or oral method.·
- Induction, deduction, analysis, and synthesis.·
- Practical work.·
- Laboratory work;·
- Critical analysis;·
- The method of working on the book;·
- Explanation method;·
- Situational exercises;·
- Role-playing games;·
- News reports·
- Small research projects·
- Group exercises;·
- Exercises oriented on solving of the problems;·
- Case study;·
- Literature review;·
- Critical evaluation of own work·
- Searching the files in electronic format or library;·
- Written work method;·
- The simulated performance;·
- Demonstration method (Using of audio-video learning material)·
- Clinical practical studies;·
- Writing Essays·
- Problem-based learning
Knowledge and Understanding
- The knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, and histology of human body ongoing procedures in both normal and lithological conditions;
- Deep knowledge of human anatomy and physiology;
- Systematic knowledge of clinical sciences, which are closely related to oral diseases (Dermatology, venereal diseases, basic medicine and diagnosis, otorhinolaryngology, pediatrics, neurology, ophthalmology, internal medicine, and infectious diseases, cardiology, endocrinology, head and neck oncology, surgery, and other).
- Systemic knowledge of health care service formation, management and operation of the system, diseases, prevention and their management (sanitary – hygienic requirements, infection control, etc.), healthy lifestyles and behavior change;
- Systematic knowledge of research methods (biostatistical and epidemiological);
- The knowledge of health care legislation and ethical aspects, patient rights and medical provider issues;
- Deep knowledge of dental sciences – therapeutic dentistry, pediatric dentistry, dental surgery, maxillo-facial surgery, Prosthetic Dentistry, Orthodontics;
- Basic knowledge of dental materials;
- Systematic knowledge of diagnostics of oral diseases (making patient history, managing physical examinations, assessment), the issue of treatment planning and treatment methods considering the respective competencies;
- Knowledge of manipulations (vena function, the stitches on the skin and mucous membranes, subcutaneous and intramuscular injection, a drug administered intravenously, tooth extraction, tooth preparation, root canal filling, tooth restoration, etc.).
- Systematic knowledge of control and result maintenance and management of treated patients;
- Systemic knowledge of the main groups of drugs, their mode of influence, and their interaction mechanisms;
- Understanding of health and non-medical fields / slithered, meaning Indications in&nbsli; professional activity;
- Knowledge of basic diagnostic and therapeutic-preventive principles and methods of diseases;
- Knowledge of the principles of medical psychology, medical physics, biophysics (natural and reformed, physical factors, biophysical mechanisms of influence on the organism, etc);
- To organize and manage the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment issues of oral diseases, considering the competency of therapeutic, surgical dentistry, implantology, and pediatric dentistry announcing existing and chronic diseases;
- To plan and provide Indeliendently basic and alternative public healthcare events using epidemiological research methods
- To provide required clinical examination and procedures in a new environment, using equipment, also the student will have the ability to use protocols or methodological recommendations for the correct selection of drugs, in the field of public health and specialized services in therapeutic-preventive measures. Considering values of public and health care conduct research, make evidence-based decisions, and integration of the country`s healthcare system achievements
- Ability to conduct research, make evidence-based decisions, and integrate the achievements of the country`s health care system, taking into account public and health values.
- Have the ability of leadership and have process-regulation skills, which provides the student with possibilities to find new decisions in solving complex healthcare problems.
- Ability to gather history, making a diagnosis of main and additional diseases, differential diagnosis, recording patient’s information, and control record-keeping process, considering the functional indicators of general status of the body
- Ability to provide emergency medical care
- Ability to provide medical manipulations (skin dissection, dissection of turbulent abscess, venous puncture, suturing the skin and mucosa, inject subcutaneous and muscular areas, transfusion of medications, tooth extraction, tooth preparation, tooth root canal treatment, tooth restoration, and et set.) and procedures (draining et set.)
- Ability to safely use medications.
- The ability of making critical analyses and judgments of incomplete and in some cases contradictory data, with the aim of identification of patient’s oral health problematic issues;
- Ability to evaluate the health status, including oral health, in individuals, target groups and biosimulation, and individual and public health, differentiate and clinically diagnose diseases, considering age and co-factor diseases;
- The ability of individual or public health data synthesis, analysis, and well-founded judgments, in the oral cavity related difficult clinical cases, based on the achievements of modern medicine, and elaboration of recommendations;
- The ability of research, making analysis, formulating judgments, and elaborating recommendations regarding the oral health-related biosimulation problem identification;
- Ability to analyze diagnostic methods and medical technique related biophysical factors and their potential influence on human organism;
- Ability to present and protect in verbal and styling, or electronic (including online) modes and English language, personal ideas, proposals, decisions, judgments, accounts, and recommendations in academic and professional circles ;
- Ability to use opinions of professional information and evidence-based decisions;
- Ability to provide instructions for the preparation of orthodontic alliances and prosthetic constructions in verbal and written format for the dental technician.
- The ability of professional relations and informing, patients and their relatives, colleagues, and health (including oral health) issues interested persons or organizations;
- Ability to manage critical situations and professional conflicts;
- Ability to identify the need for learning and independently managing further study processes in the current field of study;
- Ability to perform research works;
- Ability to conduct relationships based on ethical values with patients and colleagues;
- The ability to promote the protection of patient’s rights and the requirements of professional ethics.
Responsibility and Autonomy
- Ability to continue studying in the specialties of dentistry and strategically plan continuous education;
The program has 300 ECTS and includes 5 years of teaching. It consists of program compulsory (288 ECTS) and optional (12 ECTS ) components. The amount of the ECTS of dental specializations is 126.
The program consists of theoretical and laboratory teaching, as well as practice, which is implemented within the courses based on the thematic direction. Theoretical lectures can be concurrently conducted in two and more groups. A semester offers curations (rotations) of medical profiles that consider daily and intensive teaching and is organized as in the university campus as well as in the affiliated medical institutions. The students’ number in the laboratory and practical groups is not more than 15. The practical training is conducted using the mentor system, as for the evaluation of clinical and professional skills the structured (integrated) evaluation system in simulation and clinical setting is used.
|AVAILABLE SPECIALIZATION||THE DEGREE AWARDED||AMOUNT OF ALLOCATED ECTS||DURATION OF STUDY||THE LANGUAGE OF STUDY||ANNUAL INSTALLMENT|
|Dentistry||Doctor of Dental Medicine||300 ECTS||5 years, 10 semesters||English||$5 500 USD|
Register Now!!! Begin Your Journey Towards Becoming a Certified Doctor of Dental Medicine!
Representative email: email@example.com
The documents required to obtain admission:
- Copy of the passport;
- School certificate (Equivalent to A level for Undergraduate Applicants / BA degree Diploma (for MA degree applicants) along with transcript;
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Video Interview (Ask us for details of this interview)
- The student’s E-mail address and contact details