Program name: Computer Science
University name: Ilia State university
Faculty: School of Business, Technology and Education
University address: Cholokashvili Ave 3/5, Tbilisi 0162, Georgia
Representative email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Science Program Overview
We actively collaborate with San Diego State University (California) and the Steinbuch Computing Center of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology to define, implement, and develop the program.
The program was developed in cooperation with 20 major local and international technology companies, including Bank of Georgia, Liberty Bank, Orient Logic, Edison LTD, Innotec LTD, TulaCo, Feeds, Deutsche Post DHL Group, and others making the program unique and tailored to the needs of the market while offering our graduates a variety of employment opportunities.
The mission of the Computer Science program is to prepare our students for careers in their chosen area of specialization. As such, the program aims to provide quality instruction, advisory services, and student support to ensure students achieve their goals and gain the knowledge and experience required to succeed in the demanding field of Computer Science.
Program Educational Objectives:
The Program has the following Educational Objectives (PEOs):
PEO 1: Graduates have sufficient knowledge and skills in the field of computer science to perform on a high professional level to contribute to the advancement of both their professional community and broader society;
PEO 2: Graduates are able to work autonomously and function efficiently in a team environment both as leaders and team members;
Main areas of study
- Basics of computer science;
- Algorithms and modern programming technologies;
- System and network programming;
- Data analysis;
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies;
- Cyber security and ethics;
- Database systems;
- Human-computer interaction;
- Computer graphics;
- Data visualization;
The program focuses on the development of transfer skills such as effective written and oral communication in at least one foreign language, which will contribute to the development of multicultural awareness among graduates and their success in the international arena.
Learning Outcomes and Competencies
The program learning outcomes aim at equipping students with:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Interactive lectures and seminars;
- Active learning methods;
- Analysis and synthesis method;
- Problem-based learning;
- Individual and group work;
- Laboratory and practical work;
- Brainstorming and reflection;
Note: Specific teaching methods are identified for each program component and are listed in relevant syllabi
Program students/graduates may be employed in private, as well as in public and academic sectors.
Professions where they can be employed:
- Software Engineer
- Data Analysis Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Mobile app developer
- Web Developer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Researcher in the field of computer science
- Information Systems Manager
All students admitted to the bachelor program are required to accumulate 240 ECTS to be awarded their Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
For National Accreditation considerations:
8 Semesters, 240 ECTS (1 ECTS: 25 hours)
- Free-elective Component: General Module – 60 ECTS (including 12 ECTS electives);
Major – 180 ECTS (including 48 ECTS electives).
|AVAILABLE SPECIALIZATION||THE DEGREE AWARDED||AMOUNT OF ALLOCATED ECTS||DURATION OF STUDY||THE LANGUAGE OF STUDY||ANNUAL INSTALLMENT|
|Computer Science||Bachelor of Computer Science||240 ECTS||4 years, 8 semesters||English||$ 3 500 USD|
Register Now!!! and Begin Your Journey Towards Becoming a Certified Bachelor of Computer Science!
Representative email: email@example.com
The documents required to obtain admission:
- Copy of the passport;
- School certificate (Equivalent to A level for Undergraduate Applicants / BA degree Diploma (for MA degree applicants) along with transcript;
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Video Interview (Ask us for details of this interview)
- The student’s E-mail address and contact details