Program name: Computer Engineering
University name: Ilia State university
Faculty: School of Business, Technology and Education
University address: Cholokashvili Ave 3/5, Tbilisi 0162, Georgia
Representative email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Engineering Program Overview
The School of Technologies’ computer engineering program is based on international standards and in collaboration with San Diego State University.
The academic staff of computer engineering is compiled of professional staff with experience gained in European and American educational institutions. The partner organizations of the program are the leading high-tech companies on the local market, as well as internationally recognized universities.
Computer engineering is one of the most demanded and highly paid professions in the modern world and constantly developing. Program students have the opportunity to work on innovative ideas and develop them on university-based state-of-the-art technology databases such as Unilab and FabLab. Various Zoomout pre-accelerator programs help students implement their idea.
Ilia State University also cooperates with the following institutions:
- San Diego State University Georgia
- EMC Laboratory, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- LEPL State Military Scientific-Technical Center “DELTA”
- Innotec GEORGIA LLC
- GIS and RS consulting Center GeoGraphic
- IDEA Design Group
- VRex Immersive Inc
Aim of the program
The aim of bachelor programme is to prepare highly qualified specialist of computer engineering, who will be equipped with extensive knowledge in design, developing and operation of computer hardware, as well as the development of computer software. She/he will know the structure of computer hardware, technical characteristics and ongoing physical processes in it, ways and methods for their improvement; also will have developed professional skills, which will give him/her opportunity to get involved effectively in the production process of computer hardware.
In addition, the programme is oriented on the development of transferable skills such as effective oral and written communication in English language, skills of quantitative discussion and critical thinking, effective teamwork, use of modern information technologies and academic studies skills.
Main Areas of study
Within the programme focus is made on necessary theoretical and practice knowledge in the field of Computer Engineering, in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences and Architecture of Microcomputers and Microprocessors, also the development of practical skills in electrical engineering and programming, essential for project designing.
Knowledge and understanding
Course graduate has knowledge:
- About issues creating, developing and operation of computer hardware, as well as development of computer software;
- About organization of computer hardware, ongoing physical processes in it, technical characteristics of computer hardware and the ways and methods for their improvement;
- Has necessary theoretical knowledge for the field in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences and in architecture of microcomputers and microprocessors;
- Has studied the fundamental essence of ongoing physical processes in electrical circuits and components, general principles of modern programming.
To use knowledge in practice Course graduate is able to:
- Create, improve, program, implement and use computer hardware;
- Efficiently install existing computer hardware in organizations, develop optimal schemes for hardware operation;
- Work towards optimization and upgrade of computer hardware, participate in the development and implementation of new computer hardware;
- Service organizations, plan and create their computer landscape, develop and implement effective operation policies of computer hardware;
- Design, create and debug medium complexity digital and hybrid circuits, with appropriate hardware and software tools; also program microcontrollers and microprocessors;
- Hardware and Software interfacing of microcomputers with analog and digital sensors and various types of electric motors;
- Realize and manage practice project under the supervision of qualified mentor.
- Lectures and Seminars/Written and verbal method
- Demonstration method
- Analysis and synthesis method
- Problem-Based Learning
- Group work
- Laboratory Work
- Practical Work
- Experiential learning
Specific teaching methods are identified for each individual program component and are listed in relevant syllabi
Course graduate can be employed in a variety of organizations which specializes on operation, repair, improvement and/or production of computer hardware. For example:
- Diagnostics and repair of a wide range of equipment (household, medical, military, etc.);
- Measurement system design and experiment automation in research institutions;
- Companies specializing in computer hardware installation and firmware programming services;
- Companies specializing in computer network design and installation;
- Companies, specializing in the production and support of electronic hardware.
Structure of the study program
To complete the requirements of the study program, the student must accumulate 240 ECTS.
|AVAILABLE SPECIALIZATION||THE DEGREE AWARDED||AMOUNT OF ALLOCATED ECTS||DURATION OF STUDY||THE LANGUAGE OF STUDY||ANNUAL INSTALLMENT|
|Computer Engineering||Bachelor of Computer Engineering||240 ECTS||4 years, 8 semesters||English||$ 3 500 USD|
Register Now!!! and Begin Your Journey Towards Becoming a Certified Civil Engineer!
Representative email: email@example.com
The documents required to obtain admission:
- Copy of the passport;
- School certificate (Equivalent to A level for Undergraduate Applicants / BA degree Diploma (for MA degree applicants) along with transcript;
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Video Interview (Ask us for details of this interview)
- The student’s E-mail address and contact details