Program name: MEDICINE
University name: University of Georgia
Faculty: School of Health Sciences
Program supervisor: Otar Toidze – MD, PhD, Associate Professor
University address: 77a, M. Kostava Str. Tbilisi 0171, Georgia
Representative email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Medicine Program Overview
The aim of the Medicine Program is to prepare competent, compassionate, just, experienced medical doctors, who will possess the necessary theoretical knowledge, practical skills, and values, defined by a descriptor of competencies of medical education in Georgia and by learning objectives of basic medical education by TUNING/MEDINE project, which will enable them to successfully continue medical education, enroll in Masters and Doctoral programs, apply for clinical positions of junior doctor, participate in scientific and academic activities in Georgia, as well as in other countries; graduates who’ll study medicine will be ready to continuously improve their knowledge and skills, and with their professional work facilitate improvement of health and wellbeing of local communities as well as a global society.
Medicine Program Permissions
English language B2 and other legislative requirements, namely citizens of Georgia should successfully pass Unified National Entrance Examinations. Foreign high-school graduates who received complete general education abroad or it’s equivalent and the last two years of complete general education had studied abroad or students who lived abroad for the last two or more years and who are currently studying abroad in higher educational institutions recognized by the legislation of the host countries will be able to enter the program without passing Uniform Unified National Entrance Examinations according to Order №224/N of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia (December 29, 2011). If an applicant does not hold a certificate his/her level of English language knowledge is established by the university exam. To start the Medicine Program The minimum threshold of 60%. Admission exam/interview in Biology-Chemistry-Physics (Basic Issues);
Methods for Attaining Learning Outcomes:
- Interactive lectures, seminars.·
- Visual lectures.·
- Stating and solving the problems.·
- Verbal, or oral method.·
- Induction, deduction, analysis, and synthesis.·
- Practical work.·
- Laboratory work;·
- Critical analysis;·
- The method of working on the book;·
- Explanation method;·
- Situational exercises;·
- Role-playing games;·
- News reports·
- Small research projects·
- Group exercises;·
- Exercises oriented on solving of the problems;·
- Case study;·
- Literature review;·
- Critical evaluation of own work·
- Searching the files in electronic format or library;·
- Written work method;·
- The simulated performance;·
- Demonstration method (Using of audio-video learning material)·
- Clinical practical studies;·
- Writing Essays·
- Problem-based learning
Knowledge and understanding:
- Deep and systematic knowledge of biomedical sciences
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, processes, methods, and general concepts of behavioral and social sciences.
- Broad knowledge of clinical sciences in various medical specialties and subspecialties, including a critical understanding of theories and principles and some of the latest aspects of knowledge.
- Broad knowledge of medicines and their appointment, which includes a critical understanding of theories and principles, and some of the latest aspects of knowledge.
- Broad knowledge of public health: disease prevention and health promotion, disease screening and supervision, epidemiology, resource allocation and health economics, global health, and inequality.
- Broad knowledge of ethical and legal principles related to medical practice and research, including a critical understanding of theories and principles, and some of the latest aspects of knowledge.
- Knowledge of organizing healthcare organizations and systems and understanding the role of the physician in this system
- Carry out a consultation with a patient
- Assess clinical presentations, order investigations, make differential diagnoses, and negotiate a management plan
- Providing first aid in emergency medical situations (First aid and resuscitation measures)
- Drug prescription
- Conducting Practical Procedures
- Communicate effectively in a medical context
- The use of Ethics and Legal Principles in Medicine Practice
- Evaluation of psychological and social aspects regarding patients’ disease
- The use of knowledge, skills, and principles based on evidence
- Use information and information technology effectively in a medical context
- Ability to apply scientific principles, method, and knowledge to medical practice and research
- Implementation of health-promoting events, engagement with public healthcare issues, efficient performance within the healthcare system
- Responsibility and autonomy
- Appreciate the necessity of lifelong learning and continuous professional development in the medical profession
- Use ethical, legal principles and protect patients’ rights
- Communicate, Negotiate and resolve conflicts in a professional context with anyone, despite their social, cultural, religious, or ethnic affiliation
- Establish relationships with patients and colleagues based on equality, social and liberal values
According to the law of higher education, program graduates have the right to continue studies and do a doctorate program (the third, post-graduate academic stage of education) in Georgian or foreign university.
Graduates can pass a residency program in Georgia (or residency equivalent course abroad) and after passing the unified state certification examination receive permission of independent clinical practice (Georgian law “about medical activity” Art.17).
Medicine Program graduates can:
- be employed as Junior Doctors in any organization related to public health care and medical service.
- implement the research and pedagogical activities in the theoretical field of medicine, and/or health care field, which does not imply independent medical practice (at scientific-research institutions, hospitals, etc.).
- receive permission of independent clinical practice – after graduation of residency and passing unified certification examination, according to the relevant state requirements.
- be employed in the national and international pharmaceutical industry and forensic expertise centers.
- be employed in management units of medical and healthcare institutions.
Medicine Program details
The Medicine Program has 360 ECTS and includes 6 years of teaching. It consists of compulsory (326 ECTS) and optional (34 ECTS) components, 12 –of which are for language components. The duration of the academic year is 38 weeks; Number of semesters – 2 (each semester 19 weeks); Duration of the study period – 15 weeks; Duration of session periods – 2 weeks; Make up / Retake – 2 weeks.
The Medicine Program consists of theoretical and laboratory teaching, as well as practice, which is implemented within the courses based on the thematic direction. Theoretical lectures can be concurrently conducted in two and more groups. A semester offers clinical rotations of medical profiles that consider daily and intensive teaching and is organized as in the university campus as well as in the affiliated medical institutions. The students’ number in laboratory and practical groups is not more than 15. The practical training is conducted using mentor system, as for the evaluation of clinical and professional skills the structured (integrated) evaluation system in simulation and clinical setting is used.
|AVAILABLE SPECIALIZATION||THE DEGREE AWARDED||AMOUNT OF ALLOCATED ECTS||DURATION OF STUDY||THE LANGUAGE OF STUDY||ANNUAL INSTALLMENT|
|Medicine||Medical Doctor (MD)||360 ECTS||6 years, 12 semesters||English||$6 000 USD|
Register Now!!! and Begin Your Journey Towards Becoming a Certified Medical Doctor!
Representative email: email@example.com
The documents required to obtain admission:
- Copy of the passport;
- School certificate (Equivalent to A level for Undergraduate Applicants / BA degree Diploma (for MA degree applicants) along with transcript;
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Video Interview (Ask us for details of this interview)
- The student’s E-mail address and contact details