The Current State of Georgia for International Visitors
Open for Tourists!
The wait is finally over, this is the best opportunity to travel to Georgia. it’s time for new and wonderful experiences! Did you miss walking in a new land?! breathing fresh air?! and seeing new wonders?! discovering new flavourful cuisine and friendly, welcoming, fun people?! I’d say, sign me up already… The world keeping each one of us in a constant strain made us forget the importance of putting all this aside for a while. Refreshing your mind, relaxing to the fullest, feeling excited, intrigued, amazed, and stripped of negativity.
The National Tourism Administration of Georgia has already discussed all the terms with representatives of foreign countries to ensure the safety and health of both party’s travelers. The airlines are already committed to sustained flights to Georgia. The Georgian hospitality sector has not been this well-prepared since Georgia was declared the fastest-growing tourist destination in the world!
On the Journey / Back to Normal
The ease of restrictions marked the starting point of life going back to normal; the restaurants & bars are open all throughout the week, both inside and outside; the curfew has been put back from devastating 9 pm back to the relieving 11 pm-4 am.
Georgia is ready to reach new heights and bring new, unique, and unforgettable experiences to its visitors: The History, the Culture, the Food, Snowy Mountains (perfect for lovers of the thrill of skiing in our world-class resorts of Gudauri, Bakuriani, and Mestia), Breath-taking seaside City of the Night (Batumi article link) – the list goes on!
Our resorts are ready to deliver you an ocean of unforgettable emotions; our nature is ready to make you lose yourself in Mother Nature’s treasure that is Georgia; our tourism sector is ready to put a smile on your face and delicious food in your belly; awe you with panoramic views and delight your eyes with bucolic landscapes; let you live as one with nature and appreciate our varied urban architecture. Georgia is ready… for you! What are you waiting for? – Travel to Georgia!
Dear Guests… Georgia missed you
The country that boasts hospitality in its DNA, has mourned its loss for over a year now. It was a crying shame, watching itself confined by the epidemic. The whole country kept itself alive through the power of hope; hope that soon this would be over and forgotten like a bad dream.
The epidemic effect on Georgia somehow feels different to me; the heart of the lively, colorful and endearing streets of Tbilisi has lost its life force the veins ran dry, but the heart, no matter what, kept beating: waiting for its moment to gift new unforgettable experiences to the visitors it had missed so dearly.
At last, the time has come, the epidemical situation in Georgia has improved impressively. As of the day of this writing (May 30, 2021), the total number of active cases is 11,572. The lowest average of deaths since the start of the pandemic and the first spike – 16 deaths per week and an average recovery rate of over 1,000 per week.
How can I travel to Georgia and what are the requirements?
Starting from June 1, 2021, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia introduced new rules and conditions for entering Georgia. The land borders are finally open, and the flights are permitted. The rules have been divided into sections, regarding vaccinated and unvaccinated international visitors.
Entry rules for COVID-19 vaccinated visitors
Citizens of all countries traveling by air from any country may enter Georgia if they present the document confirming the full course (two doses, one dose in case of Johnson & Johnson) of any COVID-19 vaccination at the border checkpoints of Georgia.
* Except for any person coming from the Republic of India (regardless of citizenship and full course of vaccination) as well as persons who have a history of travel to the Republic of India during the last 14 days. They are subject to a negative result of the PCR test conducted in the last 72 hours before the visit to Georgia at the border and then – a mandatory 14-day quarantine (in the case of an alien, at his own expense).
Entry rules for unvaccinated visitors
Nationals and residence permit holders of the following states may enter Georgia by air under the conditions below:
- European Union Member States
- State of Israel
- Republic of Turkey
- Swiss Confederation
- Kingdom of Norway
- United States of America
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- State of Qatar
- United Arab Emirates
- Kingdom of Bahrain
- Republic of Armenia
- Republic of Azerbaijan
- Republic of Kazakhstan
- Russian Federation
- Republic of Belarus
- Republic of Uzbekistan
- Republic of Tajikistan
- Republic of Kyrgyzstan
For entering Georgia, they must comply with the following conditions:
- They must travel by air directly from the countries mentioned above, including transit travel through third countries; (Land and Sea borders remain closed);
- At the border checkpoint of Georgia they must present a PCR-examination certificate conducted 72 hours prior to travel to Georgia;
- On the 3rd day of their stay, they are obliged to undergo PCR-examination at their own expense;
- Before crossing the state border, they must complete the special application form, indicating the travel history of the last 14 days, contact details (address, phone number, email, etc.) https://registration.gov.ge/pub/form/8_protocol_for_arrivals_in_georgia/tk6157/
- All individuals who have traveled to the Republic of India within the last 14 days will be placed in mandatory quarantine for 14 days upon entry. In this case, PCR-examination on the 3rd day of their stay will be waived.
source: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia official website